National APSE is pleased to offer the first national certification program for Employment Support professionals!
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
2:00 to 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Westin Dallas Park Central, 12720 Merit Dr., Dallas, TX 75251
Job coaches, job developers, transition employment specialists, job placement personnel, and employment specialists/consultants can earn the designation of Certified Employment Support Professionals (CESP) by passing the national CESP examination.
The fee to take the exam is $159.00.
What is CESP?
- CESP is a national credential for staff who assists people with disabilities with their employment needs.
- The CESP credential is earned by passing a comprehensive examination based on national standardized competencies, developed via a rigorous process in compliance with the guidelines of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
- CESP is intended as a compliment to program certification and licensing.
- The CESP is a national, portable individual credential.
Benefits of CESP Certification
- Staff will have a nationally recognized credential that certifies their competency in the full array of skills areas necessary to assist individuals to succeed in employment.
- Service providers will have confidence that staff have the necessary skills to perform high quality work.
- Individuals with disabilities will have confidence that staff persons providing assistance are knowledgeable, highly skilled, and competent.
- CESP provides assurances to business, individuals, and funding agencies, about the consistent and high quality of program staff, and commitment to best practice.
For employment support professionals: CESP certification shows colleagues, supervisors and individuals with disabilities that you completed a rigorous process to earn your national professional credential. CESP certification opens the door to:
- Improved professional advancement & job opportunities
- Increased income opportunities
- Enhanced credibility with employers
Complete and submit the application and registration fee to:
APSE/CESP Exam, 416 Hungerford Drive, Suite 418
Rockville, MD 20850
Questions: Please contact
Aaron Robbins Wiseman, CESP Coordinator
at aaron@APSE.org or 301-279-0060